Walton Elementary School PAC's mission is to advocate for excellence in education, the safety and well being of our students, and for the effective and meaningful involvement of parents as partners.
To contact anyone in the PAC executive please email email@example.com
To see a list of who is holding PAC positions Click Here
Please click here to see the Walton PAC Bylaws.
All parents/guardians of children at Walton are welcome to attend!
PAC meetings for the 2017-2018 school year are:
September 18, 2017
October 17, 2017
November 27, 2017
January 23, 2018
February 26, 2018
April 9, 2018
May 7, 2018 (AGM)
June 19, 2018
The meetings are at 6:45 pm in the school library. Minutes from each PAC meeting will be e-mailed to all parents. Child-minding (for potty-trained children over age three) is provided during the meeting.
What We Do...
The Walton PAC is an active group and welcomes new volunteers and ideas to better support our children and school.
Initiatives run by the PAC include:
Initiatives run by the PAC include:
- Regular PAC Meetings (8 per year) – These meetings are not just for PAC business and planning but are an important communication point with the school. We encourage you to come out.
- After School Activity Programs – A variety of programs (including academic, arts, science and sports) are offered over three sessions through the year. Over a third of our students take advantage of these programs.
- Emergency Supplies – The PAC maintains, organizes and purchases emergency supplies – we hope we will never need these supplies but if we do, we are ready.
- Gardening Program – The PAC funds and has been instrumental in bringing the gardening program and gardening boxes (by the upper playground) to Walton. This year four divisions took part in this program where they learned about seeds, plants, soil, worms and more. They also learned about healthy cooking and how the plants they grow turn into food on the table. Click for details
- Newsletters, Website, and Weekly Mouthful (email) - To keep our parent community up to date, we have a website, a monthly newsletter, and a weekly email.
- Classroom Liaisons – The PAC facilitates the election of classroom liaisons for each class. This supports and encourages easier communication with the teachers and within the class parent community.
- Multicultural Support – The PAC recognizes that Walton is made up of families from a diverse group of cultures and languages. We have volunteer multicultural liaisons who translate PAC communications and make recommendations on how best to reach our entire parent/guardian community.
- Community Building Events – This year the PAC put on a Swap Meet/Sale and the Monster Mash Halloween Family Dance. The previous two years we have held a large spring community event (Mother’s Day Tea afternoon event and the Sip N Savour evening event). These are popular community building events and important fundraisers for us and they are a lot of fun!
- Traffic Safety – PAC volunteers help keep our children safe before and after school by monitoring the parking lot and supervising and training teams of Grade 5 students to control the crosswalk.
- Hot Lunches – The PAC offered 11 hot lunches and raised over $5800. New entrees were offered including Flying Wedge pizza, Subway sandwiches, Moa Box sushi, Fuel Catering pastas, and Taco Del Mar tacos and burritos. A new on-line ordering system was also introduced.
- Movie Nights – Popular events with the children and great fundraisers for the PAC.
- Supplemental Workshops – The PAC will periodically bring in workshops for children such as sexual health workshops and boys & girls empowerment workshops. These are entirely optional and run on a cost recovery basis.
- Fundraising Events to support initiatives at the school. These fundraisers are the monetary engine that allow the PAC to financially support activities at the school.
- Read-a-thon to support our school library (over $14000 raised) Click for details
- Entertainment book sales
- Family photo nights
- Sports day concession
- Winter concert bake sale
- Popcorn, freezie and ice-cream sales
- Support School Needs and Activities. The PAC fundraising enables us to support our school and students financially by funding items and events including:
- Library books
- Fieldtrip bus funding
- Upper and lower playground equipment (the upper playground was replaced in 2015)
- Continued support of technology in our classrooms - click for details
- Classroom smartboards
- Classroom document cameras and projectors
- Kindergarten iPads
- Classroom support funds to enable teachers to purchase classroom supplies
- Performances brought in by the school
- Classroom area rugs
- Support bursaries to ensure all children can take part in activities
- and more
Diversity and inclusion are the cornerstone of what makes the Walton school community a special place. We recognize that members of our learning community represent a variety of ages, ethnicities and socio-economic backgrounds. We celebrate the similarities and differences in our school community through potluck events, cultural performances, after school activities and parent orientation events.
Walton PAC Executive 2017/18
Every parent/guardian who has a child currently enrolled at Walton Elementary as a student is a member of Walton PAC. Below are the PAC members who have been elected as officers of the PAC for the school year of 2016/17.
Ernest Wu and Anna Teglasi
Fundraising Coordinators (co-chair)
Movie Night Coordinator
Sue Yee Chan
Entertainment Book Coordinator
Swap Meet Coordinators
Large Event Coordinator
To be filled
Garden Program Coordinator
Winter Bake Sale Coordinator (co chair)
To be filled
Health and Safety Coordinator (co-chair)
Rene and Monica Norena
Hot Lunch Coordinator (co-chair)
After School Programs (co-chair)
Classroom Liaison Coordinator
Website Manager (co-chair)
Fabricio Kruel (english)
Kate Kuifang (mandarin)
Newsletter Editor/Monday Mouthful
Social Media Manager
General Traffic Coordinator
To be filled
Grade 5 Traffic Coordinator